Monday, March 1, 2010

Warmer Weather

I ran across this dress online the other day, and I saved the link, labeling it:

"I want this dress."



I felt the need to share. Can't you see why?

Sure, that dress would be pretty if it were strapless, but how much more interesting is it with the black straps?

While shopping over the weekend, I started seeing the first signs of spring: Easter and prom dresses. Pink in particular, was everywhere.

Pink isn't really my color though.

I'm a brunette with brown eyes, and my skin tans easily in the summer. I will always stand by my love for neutral colors, but I don't think they have to be boring and they certainly are not limited to winter-wear. I spotted the two dresses below and they are only perpetuating my love of the color combination that these all have of a shade of nude/beige with a bit of black contrast.

I love these scalloped edges...


... and this zipper.



Since I'm not big on pastels (including pink), I like that these dresses are still ruffly and light enough for spring.

Now to find the skin-tone that matches them so well...

The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
-Coco Chanel

6 comments:

Teresa and Grant said...

Ooh. I love all of these dresses, especially the first one. It's fun and flirty.

CIP said...

That first dress is TOO cute! I can't wait for spring- woooo!!!

And yes, I completely agree about The Bachelor!

Amanda said...

pink is THE best color nan

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Oh I adore the first one. So fun and flirty.

Andhari said...

I can see you like ruffles too. The first dress is cuteee :D

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love those dresses. They are really cute.