Friday, October 3, 2008

Board approval

I tried to watch the Vice Presidential Debate last night. I really did. There was a lot of hype and speculation, and I made it through about 45 minutes until, like a three-year-old on Christmas morning, I lost interest and went back to the toys I usually play with.

Truth be told, I think voting is very important and I plan to do it, but I've already heard both Palin and Biden speak, and I feel more qualified to share fashion advice than to tell the Internet who to vote for in the upcoming election.

A few weeks ago I started purging my very full closet, with the original intention of just getting rid of clothes that are outdated, or that I just don't like, and I realized that I keep magazines and catalogues way past their expiration date because I always tab pages for gift, decorating, recipe and clothing ideas that I like, and I keep shopping guides for different cities for when I travel. The problem is that I never do anything with them, they just tend to accumulate.

Enter this little beauty:


The pages I tabbed are now ripped out and on The Board that is displayed in my closet. Now I have quick access to outfit ideas, more structure to my shopping, and not to mention an obvious gift guide for anyone who cares to look.

Handsome Stranger: "What should I get AH for ______ (holiday, birthday, just because?)"
Trusted Friend: "She likes that Tiffany charm bracelet, and of course there's always the black and white Lanvin dress from the September Vogue."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I also have a stack of old magazines to recycle, so I'm also saving the earth, which helps me sleep at night. Three cheers for organization.

"Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it."
-Attributed to Yves Saint Laurent

No comments: