Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New.

Welcome to my new place! Looks kind of exactly like the old one, I know.

I’m enjoying being back in Texas again and have spent the past few weeks at weddings, organizing my closet and figuring out how to work everything in my parents’ house. I know, no rest for the weary.

I have a new job that I start on Monday, so I get to enjoy a few more days of unemployment before that happens. I received a lot of encouragement from all ends after I decided to make the move back to Texas from New York, and for that I am truly grateful.

I got to spend the weekend in the company of a friend who will soon be moving from Denver back to Texas, and listening to her and everything she has struggled with in trying to make the decision that was best for her was like listening to myself a month and a half ago. She had the same words, the same hesitations and similar feelings that I had a difficult time articulating- and it was a blessing to be able to talk her through everything and reassure her that yes it was a hard decision but no I don’t regret any of it.

All of that to say that I’m glad I shared my sentiments of the subject of moving, and everything else for that matter. It is much easier to clarify my thoughts and examine my actions when they are written down, and now I have a journal of my time spent in New York, which is basically priceless to me.

New city, new blog, new start. Enjoy.

“In my end is my beginning.”
- Mary, Queen of Scots

2 comments:

Sarah Shalley said...

can't wait to read about your tx adventures. there are some companies that will print and bind your blog into a book...you you'll have an actual journal.

The Blue Bird of Happiness said...

Amy-

thank you so much for your encouragement this weekend. I am so thankful to go through this time knowing someone out there understands.

I can't wait to hear of your adventures in the Lone Star State! I'm excited to have our paths cross more consistently!

Love you!

HM