Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interview(s)

Several bloggers whose pages I stalk follow have been answering interview questions from other bloggers recently. Obviously not one to be left out, I got to answer questions from my fun friends Erin and Andhari... thanks girls! (And I apologize for lack of pictures, but Blogger is driving me crazy.)

The Rules:
a. Leave a comment saying, "Interview Me".
b. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions. I get to pick the questions.
c. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
d. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
e. When others comment asking you to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions!


I will seriously send questions to anyone willing to answer them! My inquisitive nature will gladly pry into your life, five questions at a time. I am going to Boston tomorrow, but will send them on Sunday if you want to participate. Cross my heart.

Erin's questions:

1. If you had to be a kitchen utensil what would you be?

I like to cook- I get BOSSY when I cook. I would be a timer, one that makes a ticking noise, because I am always watching the clock when I cook. I like for everything to be hot and ready at the same time... it's an art-form.

2. What birthday has been the best?

My mom took me to New York for the first time when I turned 19. It was freezing and snowing because that what happens in January in New York, but I absolutely loved it. She bought me Uggs when we got there because somehow I thought I would be able to wear "fun" shoes like heels and cutesy flats the whole time. My mom was a New York pro because of my grandparents living there for several years, so she took me to all her favorite places. It was perfect.

3. What is your favorite piece of artwork?

I spent about three hours in the Louvre once and it wasn't enough. In a hallway behind the room bursting with Mona Lisa-lookers, I found the The Coronation of Napoleon by Jacques-Louis David. In person you can see every painstaking detail... I couldn't believe how big it was. That's what she said.

4. Where has been the best class you took in college, why?

My Senior Seminar, a requirement for all English majors at my school, was a study in early modern women writers. I still have papers of mine she graded because I loved the little synopsis she would write at the end of them and her insights on my writing. She was encouraging and inspiring, which are two of the greatest things professors can be.

During a discussion one day, a few faculty members interrupted us to present her with what was essentially the most distinguished award she had received in her career. She was so humble as they read excerpts of letters from Oxford and Cambridge colleagues who esteemed her as the scholar with the foremost knowledge on her subject matter in the world. Literally, the world. I think it was the first time our class of a dozen girls was stunned into silence.

5. What has been the most beautiful place you've been to and why?

Hands down: a fortressed- island off the North coast of France called Saint Malo. I spent a long weekend there on my study abroad trip and fell in love with it. There were tiny restaurants, bars and shops and my friends and I spent hours walking around the ramparts that protected the little city and its cobblestone streets. It appealed to my lesser-known, romantic-sunset-loving side.

Andhari's questions:

1. Do you have any guilty pleasures? Tell us about it!

Gilmore Girls- I got the DVDs for Christmas a month ago and I'm on the fifth season. I've started talking really quickly and making bizarre pop culture references in everyday conversation. Love. I also love non-fat caramel ice-storms (no whip) from Nordstrom. They blow Frappucinos right out of the water, even though I have a sneaking suspicion that there is some fat in there somewhere.

2. Have you ever done something just to fit in?

I originally decided to go through Rush in college because all the women on my mother's side of the family had done so, and I had a Chi Omega dynasty of sorts to uphold. Also- all of my friends were doing it.

I thought it would be purely social and superficial. I didn't know what to expect at all, but I was completely blown away by the quality of girls it attracted and many are still close friends of mine today. I met many people and received countless opportunities as a direct result of my sorority.

3. If you're trapped in a deserted island and you can only have three celebrities to accompany you, who would you choose and why?

Bear Grylls from Man vs. Wild- he could feed, protect and shelter Prince William, James McAvoy and myself. The other two would not serve a utilitarian purpose so much... but for some reason I think I would like their company.

4. Say you win $20.000 but you have to spend it all in 5 hours, what would you do/ buy?

I would use it as a down-payment on a house, minus the cost of these Christian Louboutins.


5. What's your favorite line in your favorite movie?

I love this question. If you have never seen Steel Magnolias, then I don't know if we can be friends. The movie is full of fantastic one-liners by sassy Southern women, so this is just one charming example:

Clairee: Ouiser, you sound almost chipper. What happened today - you run over a small child or something?

6 comments:

Andhari said...

hahaha in an island with james mcavoy. I would not want to get out myself..thanks for the answers :)

Unknown said...

My answer to the question of my favorite color is always "blush and bashful"

JND said...

If I could pick any pair of shoes for you in the world, it would be those Louboutins. I can't say precisely why, other than how beautiful they are, but they describe you to a T!

Also, Steel Magnolias is, and always will be, my favorite movie.

Truvy: Well, these thighs haven't gone out of the house without lycra on them sice I was 14.

Clairee: You were brought up right.

I heart you, A.

Anonymous said...

omg those are beautiful shoes. I want them!

erin - heart in ireland said...

LOVE it!

That is a fabulous painting! I've just spent about 8 hours in 3 art museums over the last 4 days.

and wow, that place is gorgeous!!

and i feel the same way about ZTA as you do about ChiO (though my parents were like whhhhhat!)

Anonymous said...

I adore Louboutins :) Your blog is so cute by the way! I subscribed and I can't wait to read more.