Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Expecting

It finally happened. It was inevitable, really. I knew it would, but nonetheless, life as I know it is over.

I found out this week that one of my friends- MY college friends and her husband, are going to have a little boy this summer.

If you are 24-years-old and your world is still right-side up after that, then I'm doubting the realization has sunk in for you yet.

Immediate commentary to myself after an email telling me this was: Oh.My.Gosh. Shut up. You've got to be kidding. Less than eight hours of sleep every night!? Epidurals?? Above all else though, I just thought wow.

Wow.

She's going to be a mommy! To be the person who little arms reach out for and who is the end-all be-all of their world, and who they depend on for everything. What an amazing responsibility. And maybe a little terrifying.

He will undoubtedly have gorgeous blue eyes like both of his parents.

"At one glance I love you with a thousand hearts."
- Mihri Hatun

4 comments:

Errant Gosling said...

Congrats to them. I swear it's baby season around here. All of my friends are starting to become parents.

Andhari said...

Some of my friends get married and have babies too, you see this freaks me out seeing im just 21 and want nothing but to have fun as much as I can? what is it with early marriages and early pregnancies these days?

Andhari said...

ps. did you get my email?

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, I hear ya. I have several friends that are having babies and I'm freaking out FOR THEM. I don't think I could do it.
Cohabitate? Sure.
Engagement? Maybe.
Marriage?Possibly.
Baby? Not yet, I like my stomach flat and tight, thanks anyway!